You are in browse mode. You must login to use MEMORY

DISCUSSION FORUM

Forum: Bug Reports
Credits no longer granted when completing sessions

Andreea Lazar
Andreea Lazar

Level: 39
Streak: 99
I've noticed that credits are no longer earned once completing a session with 100% accuracy. I believe this started happening with the big update at the beginning of the month, but I wanted to be sure before reporting this. So far I have tried various language combinations for my sessions including English only. I don't get any credits, or notifications, regardless of the results of my sessions - I had sessions with 100% accuracy, no typos and no accent check screens triggered, as well as sessions with accepted typos or accent checks. Tried this with both Practice sessions and redoing some Learning sessions - all via typing (not sure if this should affect anything). Since the beginning of the month, I did earn 2 credits or so, but I really don't know how, as the notification message was not triggered. The Help section still states: Credits are earned by completing sessions of questions. The higher your accuracy, the more you earn.

7 comments

Memory Support
Memory Support
This is a shared account for Memory developers and support

Level: 8
Streak: 0
Administrator
Ok, seems help section is wrong on this one. 30 days ago it was changed so they are earned only on completing new levels, in the next update there are a couple of changes to credits - they will also be earned again when completing existing sessions, but only if the system detects you had high accuracy. The more accurate, the better.
Andreea Lazar
Andreea Lazar

Got it, thanks a mil for explaining this!
Andreea Lazar
Andreea Lazar

Just received 1 credit!! 😃 Out of 10 terms in my practice, one was incorrect, and one had a typo, so it wasn't a perfect session. I hope this is the intended behaviour.
Memory Support
Memory Support
This is a shared account for Memory developers and support

Level: 8
Administrator
Perhaps we have it set a bit too easy... There are different messages like "Good", "Great" "Awesome", though depending on factors such as accuracy and hesitation time etc. We are re-planning the credit system to make it more interesting so it will probably all change at some point.
Andreea Lazar
Andreea Lazar

Can I please check if this is fixed now? I believe it works pretty well now, I almost never get "Awesome" 😃 However, I sometimes do get "Good" even if I have an incorrect answer in a session, so not sure if this is the intended behaviour and if I can close this post now.
Fender Tremolo
Fender Tremolo
Using MEMORY to learn Spanish. Pienso que mi habilidad actual es promedio...

Level: 24
Administrator
we did some analysis on the number of times users get Awesome vs Good etc, I think it's about right. awesome is hard to get, I think it's better that the formula remains a bit mysterious (there is no random element to it... it's all on scores.. ) it could be improved but I don't think we will adjust it any more for now until credits have more of a function, thanks for your input on this and other things, it is always appreciated
Andreea Lazar
Andreea Lazar

Great, thanks for confirming! Of course, now I will be trying to figure out the formula for Awesome... 😃) Closing this as fixed.
This post is closed