You are in browse mode. You must login to use MEMORY

DISCUSSION FORUM

Forum: Bug Reports
Delay for the last answer in a session

Andreea Lazar
Andreea Lazar

Level: 39
Streak: 99
Not really sure if this is a bug, but I noticed that there is an unusual delay in getting the stats for the last answer in a practice session. I am first getting the credits notification, after a while I also have the audio loaded and the stats on the stats panel (due in, consecutive answers etc.) and after that, I get the recalculating message and I am taken to the Continue Practice screen. I am estimating this entire process at about 4 or 5 seconds. I know it doesn't seem much, but when having multiple sessions in a row it gets a bit annoying. This last part always took a bit of time, but lately, the delay is highly noticeable. I did not try this with learning sessions, only with practice sessions. I have the recommended setting of 10 questions per session. Let me know if I can provide any other details.

3 comments

Memory Support
Memory Support
This is a shared account for Memory developers and support

Level: 8
Streak: 0
Administrator
Sorry for the delay in responding. Thanks for highlighting this. I tried completing a session with your ID on the development server and see the problem. In theory, it should always be < 1 second, but I see you have answered many questions that exceed the "norm" in some courses and the recalculation takes an excessive time as a result, especially when there are many users on the site. We have an optimisation ready to go where it does the heavy calculations in the background and still allows the screen to load, but it will go live in the next update, thanks for highlighting this.
Memory Support
Memory Support
This is a shared account for Memory developers and support

Level: 8
Streak: 0
Administrator
This one should be fixed. We created a bot account with 20 million answers and made many changes so it is more scalable and shouldn't slow down anymore. Thanks for reporting.
Andreea Lazar
Andreea Lazar

Level: 39
Streak: 99
Thanks so much, I confirm that it's working way better now! Closing this post as fixed.
This post is closed