You are in browse mode. You must login to use MEMORY

DISCUSSION FORUM

Forum: Bug Reports
Practice terms are not cleared

Andreea Lazar
Andreea Lazar

Level: 39
Streak: 99
I have terms that need practising but although I complete a Practice session, they are never cleared, so they keep showing up as needing practice. This issue is more easily noticed if there are very few terms due for practice. For example, for my Romanian course (private), I had one term due for practice this morning. I completed a Practice session that repeated that word 10 times and this evening the term needs practice again. Same for my Terminology course (private), I had two terms this morning and completed about 5 practice sessions and they were still showing up. This evening I have 3 terms (2 from this morning and a new one) and they were still not cleared after completing one practice session. Once I answer correctly, in the details panel, the "Due for Practice in" area shows: - just after answering, "right now" - less than a second after that, "just now" - then a counter with "x seconds ago" starts I am not sure if this an issue related to my practice frequency (it is set up to the highest possible frequency) or if it's a bug, but since this is the first time I am encountering this issue I believe it might be a bug. Let me know if you need more details.

6 comments

Andreea Lazar
Andreea Lazar

P.S. This is also very weird, I just posted this and it shows as if it was posted 3 hours ago 😃
Memory Support
Memory Support
This is a shared account for Memory developers and support

Level: 8
Streak: 0
Administrator
Thanks for providing detail. I think I see exactly what is wrong. It's the practice slider, it is indeed a bug.... the top end of the practice slider was set so high it has been functioning as "Practice again immediately" instead of "Practice very often" It's being fixed right now. About the "3 hours ago" - can you confirm your timezone is Bucharest so I can check that out?
Memory Support
Memory Support

Administrator
Ok, that's fixed - and we added some automated tests to make sure that can't happen again. Sorry about that, trying to work to priorities and < 0.5% users even use the slider 😃 Your practice history might be a bit messed up as everything will be due now....... Thanks for reporting it. Regarding timezone, could you click the mini spanner on the right of the play screen "under the hood" and tell me if they are also 3 hours out?
Andreea Lazar
Andreea Lazar

This issue seems to be fixed now - I checked it on some of my courses which had few terms due for practice, this morning and also in the evening. Regarding the timezone, I confirm that my timezone is Bucharest. It seems that the post timestamps (in Forum) are now correctly displayed for me. Re the "under the hood" screen, I think the times displayed there are properly updated according to when a term will be due for practice. Maybe I was not clear when posting the initial report, the 3 hours issue was in relation to the Forum posting, not the practice sessions. Thanks so much for fixing this issue, and sorry for being such a pain with my weird settings 😦 Let me know if I should be closing this post, I am not completely sure if the post creator should be the one closing it once fixed.
Memory Support
Memory Support

Administrator
Hi, no, thanks to you for reporting these issues, it is very much appreciated. There is a lot going on and we added so many settings there will often be niggles when we add features. The reason I asked about timezones is because the "under the hood" used different code to the forum, I changed the forum to use what was there and it seems to work in all timezones now when you mentioned it and tested it in other timezones and I think it's fixed now, thanks. We only recently added the close button, the forum seems a ghost town at the moment so we haven't really established an etiquette - I suppose closing them will keep it clean if it's solved.
Andreea Lazar
Andreea Lazar

Excellent, again, thanks so much for fixing this issue (and actually all issues reported in the forum) and for explaining things so clearly 🙂 I will be closing this post now and all other posts I've created and which are now solved.
This post is closed