You are in browse mode. You must login to use MEMORY

DISCUSSION FORUM

Forum: General Questions
Maximum questions per level - new limit

Andreea Lazar
Andreea Lazar

Level: 39
Streak: 99
Hi Memory team, I noticed that with the latest update the maximum questions per level was changed from 200 to 100. Most levels in my courses already have 200 questions since they were created before this new limit and I am wondering if they will be affected in any way. Should I split the questions for these levels so that they comply with the new limit? Just as a side note, the Help section still mentions: A maximum on 200 questions per level is allowed. If your course exceeds this, you may wish to consider splitting them into topics. Thanks!

4 comments

Memory Support
Memory Support
This is a shared account for Memory developers and support

Level: 8
Streak: 0
Administrator
Hi, you're right, the help section is out of date - we are going to update that now and thanks for highlighting it. The limit of 100 questions was introduced for a number of reasons and perhaps we rushed it - it was mainly because we were noticing a lot of errors for users with older browsers (especially phones) in the Edit Course screen where the page would just refuse to load. We did consider the impact on existing courses with > 100 questions - what happens is that they should function as previously, but you won't be able to add any more to them. Unless you are adding more questions, there shouldn't be a problem. But if all of this creates a problem let me know and I will see if we can create an exception for your courses (perhaps we should do that for all courses prior to the change, actually). Sorry about the inconvenience.
Andreea Lazar
Andreea Lazar

Thanks for the prompt reply and additional info. As long as the previous courses will function as before, I don't think an exception will be needed, I will create new levels for the additional questions.
Mona Lisa
Mona Lisa
New Entrant

Level: 34
Streak: 0
Hi, having the same problem I decided to split these levels which already had near 200 questions. However, from my perspective the editing part slowed down extremely after the latest update. The only way that comes to my mind is to delete part of the content of these levels and introducing them again by hand. Is there any other (simpler) way?
Andreea Lazar
Andreea Lazar

I am closing this issue since Mona Lisa already posted her related issues in the Forum.
This post is closed