DISCUSSION FORUM

Forum: General Questions
rearranging the levels after the August update

Mona Lisa
Mona Lisa
New Entrant

Level: 34
Streak: 1
Hi, as the limit of questions in a level has been limited to 100, all the levels created before with more than 100 questions do work but cannot be supplemented any more. Is there any easy way to divide these levels into let's say 2 smaller ones? Doing it manually is rather time-consuming and the questions would become new/unseen again.

7 comments

Memory Support
Memory Support
This is a shared account for Memory developers and support

Level: 8
Streak: 0
Administrator
We added the 100 limit because many users were complaining of the page freezing. Also, when there are so many cards in a level, it changes the way the algorithm works somewhat. It is best to keep them into smaller groups. For older courses, I see you have one with nearly 200+ Right now, we don't have a solution to divide levels automatically.... I could see if I can increase the limit to 200 for you individually if that helps
Mona Lisa
Mona Lisa
New Entrant

Well, I would feel honoured if you do it individually for me. I started to divide the levels manually but it is quite time consuming.
Memory Support
Memory Support

Administrator
OK, it's finally done. Sorry it took so long, it was more involved than I expected. There is now a new setting for all users at the top under "Settings -> Settings" Called "Increase questions per level limit to 200" That should enable you to work with levels which have more than 100 again. You will need to refresh to make sure you're on the latest version if you can't see it.
Memory Support
Memory Support

Administrator
Oh, also, I tried seeing your course and noticed how painfully slow it is to use with that many questions.... We added an extra fix so that questions off screen don't load until you scroll to them. It's now a lot faster for me.
Fender Tremolo
Fender Tremolo
Using MEMORY to learn Spanish. Pienso que mi habilidad actual es promedio...

Level: 24
Administrator
Please be careful, there is an issue when over 100 questions sometimes the delete button deletes the wrong question! I would hold off using this function now. Working on a fix.
Memory Support
Memory Support

Administrator
Should be fixed now and safe to use.
Mona Lisa
Mona Lisa
New Entrant

Hi, many thanks for all your efforts. It is really great now!!!
This post is closed