You are in browse mode. You must login to use MEMORY

DISCUSSION FORUM

Forum: Suggestions / Ideas
Highlight missing accents / typos

Andreea Lazar
Andreea Lazar

Level: 39
Streak: 100
Would it be possible to highlight missing accents and typos in the same way mistakes are highlighted for incorrect answers? I am losing quite a bit of time when I am not adding all accents in difficult or long words (in Hungarian for example) trying to figure out which one I missed. Similarly for typos, but it's more important to have this for accents. Thanks in advance!

4 comments

Memory Support
Memory Support
This is a shared account for Memory developers and support

Level: 8
Streak: 0
Administrator
Do you mean when the answer is correctly answered, and it says something like: "Correct, but you watch out for the accents on the letters. [accent check] Recommended answer: mamá" (in this example, I typed "mama" instead of "mamá") And I think what you are suggesting is for it to highlight what you typed, with the correct answer compared with red/green below? e.g. "Correct, but you watch out for the accents on the letters. [accent check] You typed: mama Recommended: mam-X-á " Or do you mean something else?
Andreea Lazar
Andreea Lazar

I am referring to the second situation you are describing, in which the missed accent should be highlighted in red/green: "Correct, but you watch out for the accents on the letters. [accent check] You typed: mama Recommended: mam-X-á " It is only that for super long words with lots of accents, it is really hard for me to notice the errors. And for the first part of your comment, just to make sure that everything is clear, the Accent screen is triggered correctly, meaning that it is triggered only if indeed an accent was missed 😃
Memory Support
Memory Support
This is a shared account for Memory developers and support

Level: 8
Streak: 0
Administrator
The next update will include a fix to show differences in accented characters when the "accent check" message appears. Thanks for this suggestion, it's not live yet but wanted to reply whilst I remember.
Andreea Lazar
Andreea Lazar

I believe this is already live now, tested it on my Hungarian course and it works perfectly! It is way easier now to spot the missed accents, thanks so much for this! Closing this post as fixed.
This post is closed