You are in browse mode. You must login to use MEMORY

DISCUSSION FORUM

Forum: Suggestions / Ideas
Keyboard shortcut for 'Skip'

Andreea Lazar
Andreea Lazar

Level: 39
Streak: 100
Can a keyboard shortcut for the "Skip" button be implemented? If practising or learning in Typing mode, it is a bit annoying to keep switching between the keyboard and mouse or using the Tab key a few times (depending on the number of special characters available). The button selection state for either the special characters buttons or the Skip button is also quite hard to notice.

4 comments

Fender Tremolo
Fender Tremolo
Using MEMORY to learn Spanish. Pienso que mi habilidad actual es promedio...

Level: 24
Streak: 0
Administrator
We should be able to do this. I think we had Ctrl-H for hint but it was removed at some point. Any suggestions for the skip keyboard keys/combo?
Andreea Lazar
Andreea Lazar

Brilliant! I did some research on common shortcuts for Skip buttons but I couldn't find anything useful. I would suggest keeping it simple and add Ctrl+K (Ctrl+S is already used for saving) unless other users or someone in the Memory team have any other suggestions.
Fender Tremolo
Fender Tremolo
Using MEMORY to learn Spanish. Pienso que mi habilidad actual es promedio...

Level: 24
Streak: 0
Administrator
The latest version has ctrl+upkey for hint, or ctrl+arrowdown for skip. Tried many combos but best these are the safest that would pass browser tests. Thanks for the idea, makes things a lot more usable actually.
Andreea Lazar
Andreea Lazar

Closing as fixed. Thanks🙂
This post is closed