You are in browse mode. You must login to use MEMORY

DISCUSSION FORUM

Forum: Suggestions / Ideas
Minor - Badges for Notifications

Andreea Lazar
Andreea Lazar

Level: 39
Streak: 99
Super minor suggestion. It would be nice to have some badges on the Notifications menu when the user has unread notifications. Most users are already accustomed to these badges from other websites or apps. I do understand how they can be annoying sometimes, but, strangely, I miss them 😃 Again, this is super minor and might also be annoying for other users so I would totally understand if you guys decide not to implement this. Thanks!

6 comments

Fender Tremolo
Fender Tremolo
Using MEMORY to learn Spanish. Pienso que mi habilidad actual es promedio...

Level: 24
Streak: 0
Administrator
Yep. great point gain. Message counts do now, notification coins don't. That one is an easy fix. Will get onto it ASAP
Andreea Lazar
Andreea Lazar

Haha, no problem 😃 And as always, thanks for your help and amazing attitude!
Memory Support
Memory Support
This is a shared account for Memory developers and support

Level: 8
Administrator
That's done now, will be live in latest update.
Andreea Lazar
Andreea Lazar

Thanks a lot for this fix! I confirm that the badge is now displayed. I was about to close this post, but then I did notice that it is not updated unless the page is refreshed. So for example, if I have one notification, 1 will be displayed on the badge, but if I mark that notification as read, the badge won't reset to 0 unless I refresh the page. Not sure if this is the intended behaviour.
Memory Support
Memory Support
This is a shared account for Memory developers and support

Level: 8
Administrator
Oops, I see that issue - we were updating the count at the same time as marking it read, and sometimes the count updated before the message was read. It should now finally be fixed.
Andreea Lazar
Andreea Lazar

It is working correctly now, thanks so much! Closing this as fixed.
This post is closed