You are in browse mode. You must login to use MEMORY

DISCUSSION FORUM

Forum: Suggestions / Ideas
Notification for daily target

Andreea Lazar
Andreea Lazar

Level: 39
Streak: 99
Would it be possible to add a notification for reaching the daily target? For now, if I complete my daily target, I don't get any notifications and it would be useful to know when the target was reached. My daily target is set to minutes learning.

6 comments

Fender Tremolo
Fender Tremolo
Using MEMORY to learn Spanish. Pienso que mi habilidad actual es promedio...

Level: 24
Streak: 0
Administrator
Yes, we can do that. What kind of notification are you expecting? on-site notification (inbox) , email or otherwise? Currently the only reporting on targets is on the dashboard "Total days with all targets achieved: 3"
Andreea Lazar
Andreea Lazar

Thanks for the quick reply! Since all targets are related to learning or practising, I assume most people would like to know that they reached their target while in the learning or practice session. So I would say that a notification similar to the ones you get for credits earned would work best.
Memory Support
Memory Support
This is a shared account for Memory developers and support

Level: 8
Administrator
This functionality is now live. 1) a popup mid-learning when you hit the target on a given day, 2) a notification in the inbox Thanks for the suggestion.
Andreea Lazar
Andreea Lazar

Thanks for this 😃 For the pop up displayed mid-learning, would it be possible to have it dismissed by pressing the Return key? It is a bit disruptive to have to click on the confirmation button while in the middle of the session. There is also a notification similar to the ones we get for credits, but it's dismissed a bit too quickly. Not sure if it's intended to have this one displayed (I would prefer it instead of the pop up to be honest), but if intended is it possible 1 - make it display a bit longer on the screen 2 - change the colour so that it can be easily spotted among the credit notifications?
Memory Support
Memory Support

Administrator
Fair points. We made it a "dialog" rather than a "pusher" (hope you know what I mean) in case it needs extra content later, e.g. you met 4/4 targets, this is your progress.... something else.... The enter key fix is in next update for ALL dialogs going forward, thanks. The notification system needs some consolidation to make it more consistent.
Memory Support
Memory Support

Administrator
I think the targets popup works OKish for now. Thing is, we have a new dialog system that will throw all of this out of the window. It is likely to stay as it is, until we make the big mods coming later.
This post is closed